Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Question for Support Re Internal Batter...
Question for Support Re Internal Battery Replacement

37712 Views 85 Replies Latest reply: 2017-09-26 19:46:25

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-01-02 19:27:57
      Seems like I've been reading lately about People starting to have problems with their MS908's  shutting off that might be related to the batteries going bad. Is replacement new  internal  batteries available now, for purchase  after our warranty is up ? If battery is not serviceable in the Maxi Sys  tablet , will Autel replace the head with a new MaxiSys head for $300 if it's battery go dead while under The Total Care program with purchase of an update?  Seems you can buy a brand new laptop PC  for around $300 .
     Will this external battery used to power a DS 708 work to get a Maxi Sys by until the internal batteries can be bought and replaced by the user?
    file:  DSCF1728.JPG

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2016-01-03 01:05:36 (Reply to:witsend)

Support It would be nice if you could also tell us what type of battery is been used also if possible please post the picture and a you tube video how to change the battery on your website so the users can change them self...............

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-01-04 09:53:25

For your information, the internal battery is glued with the back cover of MS908. So if there is something wrong with the battery, it is not suggested customer to replace the battery themselves. As for the battery replacement, different regions, different policy. So please consult your local dealer for this replacement whether can be ordered.

As for the 2nd question, "Will this external battery used to power a DS708 work to get a Maxi sys"
    --> As you know there is no battery configured in DS708, the input voltage of DS708 is 8V-32V. But the input voltage of MS908 can accept is 12V (9V-24V) from power supply. If the battery output voltage in the attached picture is 12V, you can use it to MS908 from the DC Power Supply Input Port. BUT, please don't use it from the inside as the replacement of the internal battery. The specification of the internal battery is 11000 mAh 3.7 V lithium-polymer battery. Otherwise it will burn out MS908. 

•   Level 4   
    (158) points
    Jerseykat1

2016-01-04 12:06:53 (Reply to:Support02)

i don't particularly like that. The battery is not going to last forever. What is the life expectancy on the battery? Give us a replacement part number please. we are technicians so im sure we can handle taking the battery out glued in or not. just take a little heat.

•   Level 2   
    (35) points
    Placido

2016-01-04 14:11:57 (Reply to:Jerseykat1)

its not hard to change the battery i did iphone and ipad they all glued whats the point here, just sell the battery why would you spend 900 for battery ipad battery is way cheaper than that almost the same.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2016-01-04 17:38:18 (Reply to:Support02)
     Thanks Support

The MS 908 11000 mAh internal battery can't be just only  3.7V if the minimum safe operating voltage of the Maxisys is 9V before they flake out an shut off. I figure Battery has got to likely be comprised of at least four  3.7 volt batteries inside it. (14.8v ?)What is the charger/ auxillary power  output rated at, volts and milliamps?
      A big question in my original post  still remains unanswered. Basically will the purchase of a Total Care Update plus four hundred dollars cover replacement  Maxi Sys Head with a brand  new Head  for the want of a non user serviceable battery that is causing a units to flake out and shut down?
      I would rather just be able to see a good  you tube tutorial video by someone  on how to replace  MaxiSys battery myself with a aftermarket one at my own cost of labor , then ship it  out to China for an exchange with $400 and dealing with all the downtime without scanner , even if they gave me a brand new head for the $400.(most likely be a refurbished unit with a  new battery though)
    Even though piggybacking that 12 v 4500mAh battery might get you by for awhile stabilizing voltage above 9v and prevent MS908 from from flaking out and shutting off for awhile, I still would like to be able to find a suitable internal battery replacement and do it myself to incur minimal costs and down time if possible.

•   Level 3   
    (61) points
    frozen

2016-01-05 01:44:35 (Reply to:Support02)

the battery in the 908 i would think is all the same in the usa

why not put the specks for the battery so we could find the battery and get back to are job of fixing cars

or give us a part number somthing to work with

thank you

i'm sure you want help

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-01-05 06:14:54 (Reply to:Jerseykat1)

The Part No. of the internal battery is 122-110007-001.

The specification of this battery is:
    11000 mAh 3.7 V lithium-polymer battery
    Dimension: 190.5x119.5x5mm

•   Level 9   
    (3413) points
    Support02

2016-01-05 06:59:06 (Reply to:witsend)

The battery voltage and changing voltage are different concepts. Generally speaking, the voltage of lithium battery is 3.7V, but the changing voltage is 12V. Like iPhone, the battery is 3.7V, but the changing voltage is 5V. 

As for your question about purchasing TCP to cover replacement, it is depends on the local warranty policy. Different regions, there will be different warranty policy. So it is suggested you consult with your local dealer or seller you purchased from.

•   Level 4   
    (158) points
    Jerseykat1

2016-01-06 01:44:19 (Reply to:Support02)

what is the part number for the maxisys mini battery?
  Total9 Pages